WANT TO HELP US REACH MORE YOUTH?
Are you someone that is interested in more than just a job but also a way to make a difference in the lives of youth in our communities by empowering them to succeed through positive, fun, hands-on learning experiences. This just may be a rewarding opportunity for you that can fit within your schedule and lifestyle.
STEM Discoveries is always searching for energetic, outgoing individuals that would love to serve as Part-Time Instructors, Assistants, and Event Presenters for our activities and programs.
The following requirements must be met to be considered:
- Instruct and facilitate STEM programs using pre-defined curriculum.
- Programs may include STEM Enrichment Programs, Classroom Workshops, Summer & Holiday Camps, Preschool Science & Fiction Programs, and Parties & Special Events.
- Enjoy science, and youth are able to see just how much you enjoy it.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and qualified to work in the United States.
- At least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license, current proof of automobile insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle to get to activity sites and to transport materials for activities.
- Good classroom management skills as proven by experience teaching groups of 8+ children (in a paid or volunteer setting).
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to pass a required MS state and federal background check.
- Be available Friday afternoons for weekly training meeting (paid time).
- Must be available anywhere from 2-30 hours during the week.
- Because many of our Parties & Special Events are on Saturdays, those inerested in Parties & Special Events positions must be available on Saturdays if needed.
- Must be able to lift/pull totes of equipment weighing between 20-50 lbs.
- A background in STEM is not required, but a plus.
- Teaching certification not mandated, but preferred. We are also open to college students in their junior or senior year of study majoring in STEM-related fields or education.
- Flat-fee pay of $25-30 per class, which averages $12.50-$16.00 per hour considering time for class set up, student activity time, and tear down time.
- Mileage reimbursement may be available for scheduled activity locations greater than a 20-mile round trip from business site.
- Paid staff meeting / training time
- Business referral incentives
If this opportunity interests you, please complete the application found here! We look forward to learning more about you!
* This announcement is to retain a pool of qualified applicants. Submission of an application and our acceptance thereof does not indicate that there are positions open, and in no way obligates S.T.E.M. Discoveries, LLC.
* S.T.E.M. Discoveries, LLC is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.